In and Around Burnsville, NC
Burnsville is the one of the best small towns in Western North Carolina, with the most attractive town square, some say “Burnsville is America, like it used to be”. Come and have a look for yourself.
The Town Center has regular events all year round. Let us know when you are coming and we can advise what is on..
There is a Quilt Trail to look at including Quilt blocks in Yancey and Mitchell counties, (ours is a school girls quilt with pigtails on the quilt) a Civil War Trail and Highway 80 just outside and inside Burnsville has been designated a North Carolina Scenic Highway. Yancey County is also the home of Mount Mitchell, the highest mountain (6,684′) east of the Missisippi River, and is worth a visit. On good days you can see for miles and miles.
“North Carolina High Peaks” has regular guided hikes on the weekends. Call Jake Blood at 828-284-6878 or visit www.nchighpeaks.org for information..
Burnsville’s Perennial Schedule
(check our events calendar for exact dates)
• Parkway Playhouse Fundraiser
• Parkway Playhouse – April – October
• Burnsville Metric Bike Ride – Last Saturday
• Farmers’ Market – April – October
• “Fire on The Mountain” blacksmiths show in nearby Spruce Pine
• Mt. Mitchell State Park opens on May 1st
• “Paint Out” painters come to paint for a prize
• “Ride for a Vet” motorcycle ride sponsored by the Mt. Mitchell Marine Corps League
• Rhododendron Festival at nearby Bakersville
• Toe River Arts Council Studio Tour – First Weekend June & Dec.
• 4th of July Celebration
• Mt. Mitchell Crafts Fair – 1st weekend in August
• Penland School of Crafts Annual Benefit Auction – 2nd week Aug.
• Carolina Mountains Literary Festival
• Olde Timey Days
• Bakersville Crafters Fair
October – Leaf Season
• Mt. Mitchell closes on the 31st.
Area tree farms sell Christmas trees, garlands and wreaths
• Toe River Arts Council Studio Tour – 1st weekend in December
• Burnsville Christmas Parade
Come stay with us and go golfing at a number of locations including the Mt. Mitchell Golf Club, Reems Creek Golf Club in Weaverville, Grassy Creek Golf Club in Spruce Pine, The Country Club of Asheville, and some others.